Beginners New To The Nest
Are you a beginner New to Yoga or Pilates? At The Nest you will find kind, warm people and a relaxed environment to make you feel comfortable. Bring friends or make friends. We want to make The Nest YOUR studio where you can explore movement and find what so many others have discovered: that both Yoga and Pilates are wonderful practices that lead to peace of mind and a sense of wholeness and well being.
We have classes of all levels and styles; Restorative Yoga, Gentle Yoga, Slow Flow, Yin, Yoga Basics and our mat Pilates classes are great classes for newer students. In these classes you will be introduced to fundamental postures as well as breath work and alignment. Once you are comfortable with these classes you will have the confidence to try any of the other diverse classes on our schedule. Please note that we always offer modifications in ALL of our classes based on students individual needs and abilities.
WHAT TO BRING
- Yoga Mat (We have mats available for a $2 rental fee)
- Towel (We have hand and mat towels available for a $2 rental fee)
- Water Bottle (We have water available for purchase)
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes early so we can give you a little tour and get you all settled in and answer any questions you may have. Also please note that we lock the door during class so best to arrive on time!
- Please read class descriptions when choosing which class is right for you.
- Prepare to be barefoot! We have a designated cubby area for your shoes and personal belongings.
- It is typical for some teachers to perform hands-on assists to students. If you are uncomfortable with this in any way, just let your instructor know.
- If you have any health concerns, current and/or past injuries, or are pregnant, please advise your instructor before class. You will also be required to sign an online waiver before class.